Trofeo Ottantotto Miglia 2015: to Elba Island by yacht
- Published: 12 May 2015
- Category: Events
You can challenge the waves of the Tyrrhenian sea with your own boat. And you can do this going to Elba Island, one of the most beautiful islands of this sea. The third yacht race of prestigious Trofeo Ottantotto Miglia 2015 (literally “88 nautical miles trophy”) will take place on June 27.
The name comes from the sum of nautical miles that crews must go: they are 88, divided into five yacht races, from April to September. The event is organized by Club nautico di San Vincenzo in collaboration with Circolo velico di Marciana Marina, Centro velico elbano di Rio Marina and Circolo nautico Foce di Cecina.
The five races of the trophy:
- April 10: San Vincenzo – Marciana Marina (22 nautical miles)
- May 9: San Vincenzo – Marina di Cecina (12 nautical miles)
- June 27: San Vincenzo – Portoferraio Esaom (20 nautical miles)
- September 5: San Vincenzo – Rio Marina (18 nautical miles)
- September 19: San Vincenzo – San Vincenzo (16 nautical miles)
The next occasions to visit Elba Island by yacht are June 27 and September 5. In both cases, you can visit two if the most beautiful cities of the island: Portoferraio and Rio Marina.
For more information about Trofeo Ottantotto Miglia 2015 (complete program, how to participate) you can visit the official website of the event, Marinadisanvincenzo.it/ycmsv.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/pluca