Elba on the road: the most beautiful places
- Published: 15 March 2017
- Category: Senza categoria
Elba’s views and natural landscapes are among the most beautiful in Italy. But Elba is not just sea and nature, it is also traditions, history and entertainment. When you are planning a holiday in Elba, you wonder what beaches are the most beautiful, and what attractions you must see. The following infographic is designed to answer the main question thousands of tourists ask themselves every year: “What to see on the Island of Elba?”
Attractions on the Island of Elba: our must-sees
Let’s ‘trace’ the silhouette of the Island of Elba, mapping out our five must-see attractions.
- Portoferraio, the main port of arrival in Elba, is the starting point of your journey. Then we recommend a guided tour of the Fortress of Volterraio. It will be an unforgettable experience for the enchanting nature trail that offers a lot of picture-worthy views and leads up to the awesome majestic castle.
- Our must-see list includes an excursion to Capanne Mount, a magical place for nature lovers, from which you can admire the whole island. Don’t miss this breathtaking view from the highest peak! It is also accessible by cable car.
- For the more adventurous, we recommend a stopover at Pomonte Beach, from which you can swim to the impressive wreck of the ship Elviscot, sunk in 1972 and now lying a few hundred meters deep, just 200 meters from the beach.
- Fetovaia, one of the most beautiful beaches on the South-western side of Elba, deserves a special mention. Thanks to its crystal clear waters, it is one of the favourite destinations of families with children.
- Last but not least, the Elba Aquarium and the Wildlife Museum, two places of interest for both adults and children to discover the species that inhabit the sea surrounding this enchanting Mediterranean island.
Elba is waiting for you. Check out the deals and book the ferry to the Island of Elba that suits you best, to experience and discover the largest island of the Tuscan Archipelago.