Two days in Tuscany: an itinerary to visit Elba Island
- Published: 27 June 2016
- Category: Things to Do
Forty-eight hours are surely not enough to visit one of the most beautiful islands of Tyrrhenian Sea. But these are the days for your next holiday. And now, you need a good itinerary to visit Elba Island, Tuscany, in two days and discover the best places that this island can offer.
Day #1: Portoferraio
- Morning. The first stage of the itinerary is the old town centre of Portoferraio. Where the things to see are the Medici fortresses (such as forte Stella, forte Falcone and torre della Linguella), chiesa di San Crispino o della Misericordia (an important church), villa dei Mulini (Napoleon’s home on Elba Island).
- Afternoon. Do you need to rest after visiting the old town centre of Portoferraio? And would you like to lie on a beach? Well, you’re lucky. Because near Portoferraio there are five of the most beautiful beaches of Elba Island: delle Ghiaie, Padulella, Capo Bianco, Sansone and Enfola.
- Evening. In the evening, the things to do in Portoferraio are several: dinner in one of the picturesque restaurants; drink a cocktail or a beer and chat with friends; dance till dawn in one of the two main discotheques on the island.
Day #2: Capoliveri
- Morning. The second day begins visiting Capoliveri: forte Focardo (an ancient fortress), sanctuary of Madonna delle Grazie, apsis of San Michele and the wonderful Laconella beach.
- Afternoon. Calamita mount is near Capoliveri. It’s quite easy to get on the top of it. And, after this trail, you can see one of the most amazing views of the island.
- Evening. From Capoliveri, it takes only ten minutes by car to get to Porto Azzurro. Where you will spend the evening dining in a restaurants overlooking the sea and walking along the promenade.
The last thing to know. To move around Elba Island, you can take a car or a motorcycle on the ferry or you can use the public transport.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/aquilano76