Trekking in Elba Island: the path from Santa Lucia to San Martino
- Published: 29 September 2015
- Category: Things to Do
Tourists that visit Elba Island agree upon a thing: walking is the best way to discover it. Especially if you’re following one of the many trekking paths all over the island. And today we suggest you a particular one: the path from Santa Lucia to San Martino.
Length: 2,2 kilometers
Duration: 1h 30m
Difficulty level: easy
- The starting point is the little church of Santa Lucia: it was built in the same place where there was the Luceri fortress, now destroyed, that during the Roman era was used as a control place for the gulf of Portoferraio.
- Starting from here, you’ll walk through a zone characterized by the presence of pastures and cork oaks, between ancient terracing reconquered by the nature.
- Once you arrive in Colle Reciso, you’ll walk to the panoramic point of Poggio del Mulino a Vento.
- From here, you can do a little deviation and go to Villa San Martino, one of Napoleonic residences in Elba island.
The church of Santa Lucia, starting point of this trekking path, it’s near Portoferraio, the main inhabited center of Elba Island.
Image source: “Colle di Santa Lucia”. Con licenza CC BY-SA 3.0 tramite Wikimedia Commons