Spending a short break in June 2016 on Elba Island? 3 good ideas for you
- Published: 18 April 2016
- Category: Things to Do
You’d like to spend a short break in June 2016: good occasion for a pleasant vacation. You have decided the next destination: it’s Elba Island, in Tuscany. Now, you need only some good ideas to plan (and enjoy, obviously) the trip.
#1: a 4-days vacation
You are going to spend, exactly, four days for your vacation. And this itinerary will allow you to discover Elba Island in four days:
- First day: Rio Marina
- Second day: Anello occidentale
- Third day: the most beautiful beaches
- Fourth day: monte Capanne
We can say that this is a “generic itinerary” to see the best places that Elba Island can offer its visitors, from beaches to culture. This itinerary is recommended if it’s your first time on Elba Island.
Your desire for this short break on Elba Island is only one: spending a couple of days dedicated solely to relaxation. Elba is a great place even for wellness holidays: the spa of San Giovanni is near Portoferraio, the main town of the island.
Anti stress and anti smog treatments, to reduce cellulite or slimming treatments, mud and seaweed, whirlpool, walks: spa of San Giovanni is the place where you can restore both body and mind.
#3: on foot
The third idea to spend this short break in June 2016 on Elba Island is recommended for hikers. In fact, there are several itineraries to discover Elba Island on foot. In particular, the best five itineraries for hiking are these five:
- Grande traversata elbana (72 km long, from east coast to west coast)
- Anello occidentale (the coastal road from Procchio to Marina di Campo)
- Monte Capanne (the highest peak of the island)
- Hermitages and sanctuaries (such as San Cerbone, Madonna del Monte, Madonna del Monserrato)
- The so called Mostri di pietra
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/mctraba