Marciana Marina: the 2017 edition of Santa Chiara feast
- Published: 2 August 2017
- Category: Events
Thanks to its peculiarity, it attracts many tourists every year. It has become one of the most anticipated events of the summer on Elba Island. We are talking about the 2017 edition of Santa Chiara feast. That will take place on August 12th in Marciana Marina.
The Santa Chiara feast is divided into three main moments:
- At sunrise, on promenade Regina Margherita, hundreds of torches are lit.
- In the church of Santa Chiara, Mass is celebrated and, after, a long procession takes place.
- Evening is the time for the music-fireworks show by the sea.
This year, there will be the Radio 105 DJ set. The guest star: Dj Spyne.
How to get there
From Portoferraio (one of the main ports for ferries to Elba Island), to get to Marciana Marina, you have to:
- Take the county road 24 to Procchio;
- From Procchio, take the county road 25 and follow the road signs to Marciana Marina.
The journey by car takes about thirty minutes.
The Anello occidentale
Marciana Marina is located along the so-called Anello occidentale dell’isola d’Elba. It is the coastal road from Procchio, on the northern coast of the island, to Marina di Campo, on the south coast. An eight-stage route that will allow you to admire some of the most unforgettable views that Elba can give to all its visitors: small beaches, coves, Mediterranean scrubs, picturesque towns overlooking a fabulous sea.
For further information about the 2017 edition of Santa Chiara feast in Marciana Marina (complete program, any date changes), you can visit the official website of Marciana Marina municipality, Comune.marcianamarina.li.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/haplm