The recipe of sburrita: a tasty and easy recipe of Elba Island’s cuisine
- Published: 19-11-2015
- Category: Typicalness and Curiosities
To be precise (and culinary precision is a very, very important thing on Elba Island), it’s a typical dish of Rio Marina. But you can taste it in all the restaurants on the island. If you want to try to prepare it, this is the recipe of la sburrita.
Ingredients (for 4 persons):
- 800 grams of wet salted cod
- extra virgin olive oil
- chili peppers
- homemade bread (strictly Tuscan)
The ingredients, in a sense, say it all: this is one of the most typical recipes of the island. It is a tasty dish, very easy to prepare.
How to prepare:
- Cut the wet salted cod into small pieces.
- Put a saucepan with cold water on the flame.
- Add one or two chili peppers, a couple of cloves of garlic, catmint.
- Bring the water to the boil.
- Add the pieces of cod and a cup of extra virgin olive oil (even this Tuscan, preferably).
- Boil everything for about fifteen minutes.
- Cut the homemade bread into slices and put them in the plates.
- Put the pieces of cod in the plates and pour the broth on them.
The scent of sburrita will make you drool, we can assure you. And you will taste, literally, a piece of Elba Island.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/67238971@N04Related articles