Rallye Elba Historic 2017: Autumn begins with the emotion of the four wheels
- Published: 4 September 2017
- Category: Events
You have in mind to give you a small holiday (or just a long weekend) in late September and you are a big fan of rally. Are you wondering if there is a chance to combine these two needs? The answer is yes and the destination that we recommend is the island of Elba. Here, in fact, on days 21, 22 and 23 September will be held the edition 2017 of the historical Rallye Elba, one of the most famous Italian races in the world.
- Thursday 21 September: from 19:00, starting at Piazza Matteotti in Capoliveri, two special tests will begin, the “Two Hills” (12.290 km) and the “Capoliveri” (7.8 km).
- Friday 22 September: From 8:30 to 16:00, there will be four other special tests.
- Saturday 23 September: Grand finale, with four other special tests from 8:30 to 14:00.
Also this year, the “headquarters” of the Rallye is Capoliveri, where the direction of race, the secretariat and the press room will be organized. The rally will only be part of the journey, the rest of the time you can enjoy a pleasant holiday.
And since the center of the Rallye will be Capoliveri, on the days of the event these are the three things to do:
- Visit Capoliveri, the second city of the island;
- With a little luck, make one of the last dives of the season, because in Capoliveri the beaches are certainly not lacking;
- Enjoy a pleasant walk to the top of Monte Capanne and embrace the whole island with your eyes.
How to get there
To arrive from Portoferraio, one of the main ports for the ferries to Elba Island, you have to:
- Take the country road 26 towards Porto Azzurro;
- Just before arriving at Porto Azzurro, take the country road 31 following the signs for Capoliveri.
The journey by car takes about twenty minutes.
For more information on edition 2017 of the historical Rallye Elba (routes, possible variations of dates and schedule), you can consult the official website of the event, Rallyelbastorico.net.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/mauro9