Porto Azzurro 2015: Summer is coming on June 21
- Published: 4 May 2015
- Category: Events
On 21 June, as every year, the summer comes. You want to celebrate it in a place by the sea, with activities and initiatives suitable for both children and adults. The place you are looking for is Porto Azzurro, on Elba Island. The occasion could not have a better name: “L’estate sta arrivando” (Summer is coming).
This is the name of an event that every year, exactly on June 21, takes place outdoor, in the historic center of Porto Azzurro. Waiting for all visitors during this day there will be:
· Tasting products and dishes of Elba Island;
· An area for the kids, with an entertainer that will make them play;
· Latin American music in Piazza Matteotti;
· Synchronized launch of flying lanterns at the stroke of midnight.
Can you talk about summer without a dip in the sea? Of course not. So you can take advantage of this weekend to see some of the most beautiful beaches of Elba Island. If you want some suggestions, not far from Porto Azzurro there are:
· Ghiaie beach, Cala dei Frati and Sansone beach (near Portoferraio);
· Felciaio, Laconella and Baia Vetrangoli (near Capoliveri).
To get there, the advice is to board a private vehicle on a ferry arriving in Rio Marina, located at short distance from Porto Azzurro.
For more information on the 2015 issue of “L’estate sta arrivando” you can visit the official website of Porto Azzurro, Comune.portoazzurro.li.it.
Image source: wikimedia.org