Nordic walking on Elba Island 2015: a walk in the hamlet of Marciana
- Published: 7-09-2015
- Category: Events
The suggestive roads of an ancient hamlet. An itinerary in a place, so to speak, with a double soul: now there are luxuriant chestnut woods and a majestic mountain, now there are wonderful panoramas of the sea. And the possibility to discover all of this is the Nordic walking in Marciana, on Elba Island. A walk that will be held on 20th September 2015.
The stages of this nordic walking itinerary are:
- The ancient hamlet of Marciana
- Capanne mount
- San Cerbone hermitage, one of the most ancient in Elba island
- The Home of the Park of Marciana, where a Nordic walking trainer will give you all the technical information about this sport
Upon request, they can give you all the necessary equipment. The event is totally free.
Marciana is in the western side of Elba Island. The two nearest tourist ports are Portoferraio and Capoliveri.
- Starting from Portoferraio, take the provincial road 24 to Procchio and then take the provincial road 25 to Marciana. The trip lasts about 40 minutes by car.
- Starting from Capoliveri, take the provincial road 30 to Campo nell’Elba and then take the provincial road 25 to Marciana. The trip lasts about a hour by car.
For further information about the 2015 edition Nordic walking in Marciana (how to participate, eventually changes of dates and times), you can visit the official site of the municipality of Marciana, Comune.marciana.li.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/iz4aksRelated articles