Miniera in Trail 2018: to run through breathtaking scenery
- Published: 15-02-2018
- Category: Events
Running is your passion and so you searching for every occasion for organizing a little trip. Well, there is a very special race that will allow you to run completely immersed in landscapes “lunar” as what you can see in the picture: we are talking about the 2018 edition of the Miniera in Trail, which will be held on 15 April in Rio Marina.
The 2018 edition of the Miniera in Trail mine will be divided into three different specialties:
- Mt ultra 47 kilometers (competitive race);
- 23 kilometers (competitive race);
- Mt 11 kilometers (non-competitive race).
In this way, you can participate in the race even if you just want to enjoy the ride, without competing with other competitors.
How to get
Getting to Rio Marina is very simple. In fact, it’s one of the main ports where the ferries to the island of Elba dock. From Piombino, where the ferries depart, the journey takes just 45 minutes. We also advise you to board a vehicle, such as a car or motorbike, which will always be useful (and you’ll see why).
A small holiday
April 15th is Sunday. Why not arrive on the Elba Island a few days before, maybe on a Friday, and enjoy a pleasant holiday on this beautiful island, which in spring can be really special?
- Friday could be dedicated to visit Rio Marina: to see, among other things, there are the Mining Park, the church of San Rocco, the Tonietti mausoleum and the Roman villa of Capo Castello.
- On Saturday, in about half an hour’s drive, you will reach Portoferraio, the main town on the island, where in one day you can walk through the historic center, see the Medici fortresses and visit Napoleon’s house and also to see the Spiaggia delle Ghiaie, one of the most beautiful on the island.
For more information on the 2018 edition of the Rio Marina Miniera in Trail (how to participate, the complete itinerary, any changes of dates), you can consult the official website of the event, Minieraintrail.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/fabcomRelated articles