Libeccio trail 2018: running race gara di corsa in the breathtaking scenery of Elba Island
- Published: 5-04-2018
- Category: Events
A fascinating journey, always poised between the sea and the hills. A running race is not particularly demanding but certainly suggestive, which unleashes the joy of all those who, as you, never go on vacation without running shoes. All this is the 2018 edition of Libeccio trail, to be held in Marciana on April 22th.
The specifications of the racee
- Starting point and arrival point. It will always be Sant’Andrea, a seaside town located a short distance from Marciana.
- Length. Libeccio trail 2018 will be twenty kilometers long, which makes it a challenging race but not prohibitive: better still be well trained.
- Height difference. It will be around 1200 meters.
- Refreshments points. There will be two refreshment points on the way.
Participating in Libeccio trail will be, above all, a great emotion. Because you will have the opportunity to run between simply breathtaking scenery, like Mount Jupiter or the beaches of this part of the island.
Not only running
The pleasure of running is not the only reason to visit this part of the island. First of all, at the starting point of the race there is one of the most beautiful beaches of Elba Island: we are talking about the beach of Sant’Andrea, of white sand, protected by granite cliffs, an authentic spectacle of nature.
In addition, from Marciana you can leave to discover the so-called Western Ring of Elba Island: it is the coastal road that runs from Procchio to Marina di Campo, where they are set, as jewels, as small as picturesque villages and enchanting beaches.
How to get
First of all, you must book a ferry to Elba Island with destination Portoferraio. From the main town on the island, you must:
- Take the provincial road 24 to Procchio;
- From Procchio, take the provincial road 25 following the directions for Marciana Marina.
The journey by car takes around forty minutes.
On the official fan page of the association Il Libeccio (Facebook.com/associazioneillibeccio), you will find all the information you need, such as complete itineraries and registration methods.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/haplmRelated articles