IronTour 2018 on Elba: ready to test yourself in a stage triathlon?
- Published: 8 March 2018
- Category: Events
Five triathlons, in five days, in as many different (and fascinating) locations on Elba island. All this is the 2018 edition of the IronTour, to be held from 26 to 30 May. And it represents, for this discipline that tests the technical and resistance of the athletes, one of the most awaited sports competitions of the year.
- May 26th: Olimpico di Cavo-Rio Marina;
- May 27th: Lacona Sprint;
- May 28th: Marciana Sprint;
- May 29th: Sprint of Portoferraio;
- May 30th: Sprint by Naregno-Capoliveri.
The tenth edition of the IronTour will be, also this year, the only triathlon in stages event in Italy. The routes, as well as being very challenging, will also allow participants to admire breathtaking landscapes.
The logistics center of the event, once again, will be Capoliveri, ready to welcome athletes (and not only) from all over Europe (and not only) to take part in this always exciting race.
Not only sport
Yes, because the IronTour 2018 will not be a prerogative event only for the participants. Those who decided to even attend as a spectator, in fact, following the various stages of the event will also have the possibility, in five days, of seeing some of the most beautiful places on Elba island. In the order:
- Rio Marina, a small but evocative inhabited center on the east coast of the island;
- Lacona, overlooking the homonym splendid beach;
- Marciana, from where you can easily reach the so-called Western Ring of Elba island;
- Portoferraio, the main town of the island, a place rich in history, nature and art;
- Capoliveri, the second city of the island.
How to get
To get from Portoferraio (one of the most important ports where ferries dock for Elba) to Capoliveri, just take the provincial road 26 and follow the signs for Capoliveri. The journey by car takes about twenty minutes.
For more information on the 2018 edition of the IronTour on Elba island (complete itineraries, how to participate, eventual changes of dates), you can consult the official website of the event, Irontour.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/jolisoleil