Giro podistico Elba 2015: 25 years of sports and passion
- Published: 14 April 2015
- Category: Events
What’s the dream of any runner? Nature trails with views of the sea, the colors of spring and many other people who share the same passion. There is an event that has all of these features: is Giro podistico 2015 of Elba Island, to be held from May 18 to 24.
The race was founded in 1991 by a group of friends. The event has grown increasingly over the years and in 2015 will celebrate its twenty-fifth edition. Giro podistico of Elba Island is divided into stages of various length and will touch five different municipalities of Elba island.
The 2015 program:
- Sunday, May 17: Delivery of the bibs (from 9:00 am and will continue on the next morning)
- Monday, May 18. At 8:00 pm start of the first stage of 6 km, along the walls of the Medici fortress of Portoferraio.
- Tuesday, May 19. 9:30 am part of the second stage: 12 km in length starting from Bagnaia and arrival in the square in Rio nell’Elba.
- Wednesday, May 20. 11 km and a half stage to be held in Porto Azzurro starting at 3:00 pm with a passage in the House of Detention of Porto Azzurro. At 8:00 pm all in Portoferraio for the fireworks show and the past winners awards.
- Thursday, May 21. Day of rest, dedicated to beaches and hiking.
- Friday, May 22. Fourth stage of Giro podistico Elba 2015. Departure at 9:30 am from Marina di Campo. The route is yet to be determined.
- Saturday, May 23. The last stage will start at 9:30 from Capoliveri and will take participants on the slopes of Monte Calamita.
For more information on Giro podistico 2015 Elba Island (how to participate, required documents, route modifications of dates and times), please visit the official website of the event, Giropodisticoisolaelba.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/asd-plusultra