How to get from Elba Island to Pianosa Island: there are 4 things to know
- Published: 5 September 2016
- Category: News & Info
The boat trips are one of the best ways to discover the islands near Elba. In particular, there is one that you want to see during this holiday: we are talking about the wonderful Pianosa. And, in fact, you want to know how to get from Elba to Pianosa.
To plan this pleasant excursion and enjoy a real pearl of the Tyrrhenian Sea, there are four things that you should know.
- The ferries. The ferries to Pianosa depart from Rio Marina, on the east coast of Elba Island. The journey takes about an hour and a half. In the port of Rio Marina you can find all the information you need, such as departure times and ticket cost.
- What to see. Pianosa cab be described using just one adjective: faraway. Faraway from modernity, from the noise, from the daily routine. In this small oasis of peace and tranquillity, there are places to see such as forte Teglia (a fortress), palazzo della Specola (a palace), the catacombs, cala San Giovanni (a cove).
- Moving around. Once on Pianosa, to visit the island you can choose among hiking, biking, horse-drawn carriage, minibus. In the homonymous town of the island, you can find all the information you may need.
- Where to eat. In the town of Pianosa, there’s a small bar-restaurant, where you can eat, drink and rest.
Image source: Di Matteo Vinattieri – Opera propria, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=7726862