Festa dei bamboli 2017: an idea to spend Ferragosto with children
- Published: 19-07-2017
- Category: Events
Elba Island is a great destination if you are planning to spend a vacation with the kids. And if you need an idea for the day of Ferragosto, we have the event for you: it’s the 2017 edition of the Festa dei bamboli, on August 15th in piazza della Fonte, in the village of Sant’Ilario.
The core of the event will be the so-called “antique” games, which are less and less known, but certainly not less fascinating, such as jumping bags or the “palo della cuccagna”. The Festa dei bamboli will be the occasion to discover or rediscover them. And to spend a pleasant day with your children.
And then, at the end of the day, pasta for everyone.
Sant’Ilario is a village in Campo nell’Elba municipality. And Campo nell’Elba could become the destination of your next vacation. A picturesque town that has so much to offer:
- Wonderful beaches with many services, such as Fetovaia Beach, one of the most beautiful of the island;
- Several and easy-to-reach archaeological sites;
- Capanne Mount, and from the top you can see the whole Elba Island.
How to get there
From Portoferraio (one of the main ports for the ferries to Elba Island):
- Take the county road 24 to Procchio;
- From Procchio, take the county road 25 to Campo nell’Elba;
- From Campo nell’Elba, follow the road signs to Sant’Ilario.
The journey by car takes about forty minutes, or you can get there by bus.
For further information about the 2017 edition of the Festa dei bamboli in Sant’Ilario (complete program, tickets, any changes), you can visit Campo nell’Elba municipality official website, Comune.camponellelba.li.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/jackdawRelated articles