Spending Feast of the Assumption 2016 on Elba Island: a good idea
- Published: 11 July 2016
- Category: Events
You’re one of the lucky who will spend a holiday in Elba Island this year. The chosen month is August and the Feast of the Assumption is one of the most important Summer days. To spend it on Elba, we have a good idea for you.
- Morning. Elba is famous for its beaches, firstly. The most beautiful are ten and are located in different parts of the island (in particular, there are five near Portoferraio). Choose your favourite: you will spend here the morning of August 15th.
- Lunch. Whatever is the beach where you are, you can be sure that near there’s (at least) one excellent restaurant. At lunch, nothing better than a good bowl of pasta, such as spaghetti alla margherita (maja squinado, a species of crab), or pappardelle with mushrooms.
- Afternoon. Monte Capanne is the highest peak of Elba. From Marciana, you can get to the top by funicular or walking along two paths (recommended if you like hiking). Once there, you will overlook the whole Elba Island: an unforgettable view.
- Dinner. Choose a nice restaurant overlooking the sea in Portoferraio or in Porto Azzurro. It’s time to taste some of the best typical dishes of Elba, such as stoccafisso alla riese, gurguglione, and cacciucco.
- Evening. Usually, in the main towns by the sea (such as Portoferraio, Capoliveri, Porto Azzurro, Marciana Marina) the fireworks show takes place at midnight. If you’d like to dance until dawn, the two main discotheque of the island are Club 64 and Deco.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/aquilano76