L’Estate sta arrivando. And Porto Azzurro ready to welcome it
- Published: 8 May 2017
- Category: Events
June 21st is the summer solstice, the longest day of the year. And it is also the day when summer begins. A moment to celebrate in the best way. This is what will take place in Porto Azzurro, on Elba Island: the new edition of l’Estate sta arrivando, on June 21st, 2017.
On the occasion of the new edition of l’Estate sta arrivando, this is what awaits you:
- Tastings of culinary specialties;
- Activities for children;
- Latin-American dances in piazza Matteotti;
- Sky lanterns ad midnight.
To spend the day if June 21st dedicated only to fun. Near a wonderful sea, obviously.
To do and to see
The idea to welcome the arrival of summer together with so many other people brought you here. But do you really want to go back home without visiting one of the most popular tourist destinations on the whole island?
- There are several things to see in Porto Azzurro: piazza Matteotti, forte Longone and santuario della Madonna di Monserrato are some examples.
- Summer also means sea. And the most beautiful beaches in Porto Azzurro will not disappoint you: we especially recommend Barbarossa, Terranea and Pianotta.
How to get there
From Portoferraio, one of the main ports where ferries Elba Island dock:
- Take the county road 24 to Procchio;
- Take the county road 26 and follow the road signs to Porto Azzurro.
The journey by car takes about 24 minutes.
For further information about the 2017 edition of l’Estate sta arrivando (complete program, any changes), you can visit pro loco of Porto Azzurro official website, Prolocoportoazzurro.it.
Image source: Di F Ceragioli – Opera propria, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=15686127