Elbatrail 2016: skyrunning between mounts and sea of Elba Island
- Published: 28 March 2016
- Category: Events
Paths and forest trails. Itineraries which wind through the slopes of the island and which can give breathtaking views overlooking the sea. In this panorama, the skyrunning race Elbatrail 2016 will take place on May 1.
The Elbatrail is a very exciting and challenging SkyMarathon race (mountain running above 2.000 metres where the incline exceeds 30% and the climbing difficulty does not exceed II° grade). The 2016 edition is divided into three different specialties:
- Elba trail: 43 kilometres long, start at 6:30am
- 7mila passi (non competitive race): about 16 kilometres long, start at 8:30am
- Passeggiata ecologica (non competitive race): 3 kilometres long, start at 9am
The starting point of the three specialties is Marciana Marina.
Before the race
Elbatrail 2016 will take place on Sunday. And your passion for skyrunning could also become a great occasion to spend a weekend on Elba Island.
- Marciana Marina is located along the so-called Anello occidentale dell’isola d’Elba, the coastal road from Procchio to Marina di Campo.
- Even in late April you could find good weather conditions to relax on one of the most beautiful beaches of the island, places such as Padulella, delle Ghiaie, Capo Bianco, Fetovaia, Cavoli.
How to get there
The main tourist port near Marciana Marina is Portoferraio. To get from Portoferraio to Marciana Marina:
- Take the county road 24 to Procchio
- From Procchio, take the county road 25 to Marciana Marina
The journey by car takes about 50 minutes..
For further information about Elbatrail 2016, please visit the official website of the event, Elbatrail.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/nkbv