Elbatrail 2015: sport and nature on Elba Island
- Published: 16 March 2015
- Category: Events
Itineraries, forest roads and stony grounds. In other words there is everything hikers need. And Italian and European hikers will meet in Marciana Marina, Elba Island, on April 12, on the occasion of Elbatrail 2015 “Eleonoraxvincere”.
The three different itineraries of Elbatrail 2015 are:
- Elba Trail: 54,4 kilometers long, 3.512 meters altitude gap, start at 6am.
- 7000 Passi: non competitive challenge, 21 kilometrs long, 1.300 meters altitude gap, start at 8:30am.
- Passeggiata ecologica (“ecological walk”): non competitive itinerary, 3 kilometers long, start at 8:30am.
Things to know about these three itineraries:
- Elba Trail passes through monte Capanne. Partecipants will need to use a rope in order to go beyond this part. Elba Trail isn’t recommended if you are dizzy.
- 7000 Passi itinerary will take place only on paths, and it is not a difficult trail.
To participate in Elba Trail, participant must present a valid medical certificate. To participate in 7000 Passi, participant must sign a release. In both cases, the participant must have trail shoes and a 1,5 liters of water. Don’t forget the most important advice: you must be always prudent and in good shape.
For more information about Elbatrail 2015, visit the official website, Elbatrail.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/80044566@N00