Elbaman triathlon 2016: the most challenging competition
- Published: 29-08-2016
- Category: Events
Sport enthusiasts know very well what’s triathlon: one of the most challenging competitions. And triathlon enthusiasts know that one of the most important events of the year is Elbaman. That will take place on September 25, 2016, and the starting point will be Marina di Campo, on Elba Island.
The triathlon involves the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance disciplines, that usually are (in this order) swimming, cycling, and running. For the 2016 edition, Elbaman is divided into three different races:
- Elbaman: swim 3,8 km – bike 180 km – run 42,2 km.
- Elbaman 73: swim 1,9 km – bike 94 km – run 21,1 km.
- Elbaman for kids: swim, bike and run for children.
Not only sport
As already said, Marina di Campo will be the starting point of Elbaman 2016. If you will compete or if you’re simply tourists, this could be a great opportunity to spend a weekend on Elba Island:
- Capoliveri and Portoferraio are the two main towns and both are to visit;
- In September, weather and temperatures are perfect for sea bathing;
- And the same weather and temperatures will make hiking and excursions even more special.
How to get there
- From Portoferraio: take county road 24 to Procchio and county road 25 to Marina di Campo; the journey by car takes about thirty minutes.
- From Capoliveri: take county road 26 and county road 30 to Marina di Campo; the journey by car takes about forty minutes.
For further information about the 2016 edition of Elbaman triathlon (complete program, any changes, how to participate in), you can visit the official website of the event, Elbaman.it.
Elbaman 2016 promo (VIDEO)
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/bretagne-baladesRelated articles