Elbaman triathlon 2017: a great challenge for every sport enthusiast
- Published: 28-08-2017
- Category: Events
Triathlon: a combination of swimming, cycling and running. Just the name, for all sportsmen, is one of the greatest challenges. And if you add to the charm of the challenge the panoramas and the beautiful nature that only Elba Island can offer you, you’ll get the new edition of Elbaman, which will take place on 24 September 2017.
Like every year, the 2017 edition of Elbaman will be divided into three races:
- Elbaman: swim 3,8 km – bike 180 km – run 42,2 km.
- Elbaman 73: swim 1,9 km – bike 94 km – run 21,1 km.
- Elbaman for kids: swim, bike and run for children.
You will be able to attend a challenging race that will test the technique, stamina and tenacity of the athletes.
Elba Island in September…
…offers still many possibilities to spend a pleasant holiday.
- There are the best conditions to practice your favourite sport, such as diving, trekking and MTB.
- Perfect conditions also to visit some of the main towns of the island, such as Portoferraio and Capoliveri.
- Or you could relax a bit at San Giovanni spa, located in Portoferraio.
How to get there
The starting point for Elbaman 2017 will be Marina di Campo. To get there:
- From Portoferraio, take the county road 24 to Procchio and then the county road 25 to Marina di Campo, the journey by car takes about thirty minutes;
- From Capoliveri, take the county road 26 and then the county road 30 to Marina di Campo, the journey by car takes about forty minutes.
For further information about the 2017 edition of Elbaman, you can visit the official website of the event, Elbaman.it.
This is what awaits you:
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/marcelxxlRelated articles