Elba tango festival 2018: 3 events to dance by the sea
- Published: 3-05-2018
- Category: Events
Your two great passions are the tango and an enchanting sea. And there is an event that will allow you to have both: we are talking about the 2018 edition of the Elba tango festival. That will allow you to live a holiday dedicated to this famous and sensual dance.
This year, the Elba tango festival will be composed by three parts. Literally. Because you can choose from as many events to try your favorite dance:
- Prelude Tango, from May 27th to June 3rd, with the masters Gustavo Rosas and Gisela Natoli.
- Tango Paradise, from 1 to 8 July, with the masters Juan Carlos Martinez and Nora Witanowsky;
- Relax Tango, from 1 to 8 September, with the masters Gustavo Rosas and Gisela Natoli.
All events will be held in Portoferraio, the main town on the island of Elba. And everyone will offer you exactly what you expect from such an event: competitions, courses, masters of international caliber. You will find what you enjoy, we can guarantee it.
How to get
Getting to Portoferraio is very simple. It is, in fact, one of the most important ports where for the ferries to Elba Island. All you have to do is get to Piombino (easily reachable by car and by train), in the province of Livorno, and get on board. The crossing takes about an hour.
Also, we recommend (and you’ll see later why) to board a car on the ferry.
Not just tango
The three events will take place in spring and summer. In other words, the best two seasons to visit Elba island.
- Elba island in spring is a real paradise for hiking enthusiasts, as the colors and scents of nature make it really special.
- While summer is definitely the best time to enjoy the most beautiful beaches of Elba island, such as Ghiaie, Enfola and Fetovaia.
For more information on the 2018 edition of the Elba tango festival (complete program of the three events, how to participate, eventual changes of dates), see the official site of the event, Tangoelba.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/pasos_mediosRelated articles