Elba photo fest 2016: the last days to admire the island with a different gaze
- Published: 10-10-2016
- Category: Events
Elba Island in October has still al lot to offer: the colors and the scents of autumn, the relaxation of the thermal baths, the several excursions. There are also the different events that will give your holiday something more. Like the Elba photo fest 2016 exhibition, which will be held until October 23 at the Mineralogical Museum Luigi Celleri of Marciana.
Inaugurated on September 20, the exhibition gathers the best works received and related to the theme of the competition, “Explorations”. The photos showed, in a sense, form a kind of route, different from the usual route to visit Elba island and to discover little-known aspects, and for that reason even more fascinating, of this beautiful island.
Marciana is located in the western part of the island, in a position from which you can enjoy a splendid view of the sea. Leaving the town, there are four trips that you can’t miss:
- Monte Capanne, Elba island’s highest peak, where you embrace the whole island with your eyes;
- Sanctuary of the Madonna del Monte, which is situated at the foot of Mount Jupiter;
- Hermitage of San Cerbone, between Marciana and Poggio;
- Napoleon source, completely surrounded by nature, at the foot of Mount Capanne.
How to get
To get to Marciana from Portoferraio, the main port where the ferries to Elba Island dock:
- Take state highway 24 to Procchio;
- From Procchio, take state highway 25 and follow the road signs to Marciana.
The trip by car takes about three quarters of an hour.
For more information on Elba photo fest 2016 (tickets, opening hours, any changes), please visit the official website of the Mineralogical Museum Luigi Celleri, Museomum.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/haplmRelated articles