Elba isola musicale d’Europa 2015: jazz and classical music in wonderful places
- Published: 30 July 2015
- Category: Events
Jazz and classical music. National and International artists. Wonderful locations where the concerts will be held. There are all the requirements to satisfy even the most demanding music lover. The appointment is Elba isola musica d’Europa, that will be held from 28th August to 6th September 2015.
During the various editions of Elba isola musicale there were numerous international artists that took the stage. With just one permanent feature, Yuri Bashmet, musical director of the event, always present with his orchestra I solisti di Mosca.
The main artists that will perform:
- Yuri Bashmet, playing viola: 4th September at Hotel Hermitage in Portoferrato; 7th September at Teatro dei Vigilanti, still in Portoferrao.
- Mario Brunello, playing cello: 5th September at Hotel Hermitage in Portoferraio; 6th September at the Santuario della Madonna del Monte
- Béatrice Muthelet, playing viola: 1st September at Hotel Hermitage in Portoferraio
The locations of the concerts:
- teatro dei Vigilanti (Portoferraio)
- chiesa di San Giacomo Apostolo (Rio nell’Elba)
- hotel Hermitage (Biodola, always in Portoferraio)
- santuario della Madonna del Monte (Marciana)
Once you’re in Portoferraio
If you plan to see these concerts, you should stay in Portoferraio: from here you can easily reach both Rio nell’Elba and Marciana.
And you’re in one of the most beautiful cities that you can visit in Elba island. So, between a concert and another one, you can take the maximum from this trip by:
- admiring the most important things to see in Portoferraio
- having some relax on the most beautiful beaches in Portoferraio
If you want more information about the 2015 edition of Elba festival musicale d’Europa (full program, how to participate, possible change of dates), you can visit the official site of the event, Elba-music.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/rftrudeau