Eight itineraries for bikers: how to see Elba Island by motorbike
- Published: 2-09-2015
- Category: Things to Do
Elba Island can give you breath-taking panoramas. Are you also a biker? If yes, we have some suggestions for you: bring with you your beloved motorbike on the ferry. Because in this way you’ll have the opportunity to drive through these 8 itineraries by motorbike.
- From Portoferraio to Marciana Marina – 18 kilometers long. The itinerary is on a provincial road with a series of curves and slight slopes. The asphalt is generally in good conditions. Along the 18 kilometers of the route, there are numerous panoramic points.
- From Marciana Marina to Marina di Campo – 50 kilometers long, along the so-called “Anello Occidentale” (Occidental Ring). The stretch of road until Marciana Alta is narrow and it should be driven in low speed, but it’s really beautiful because the road is surrounded by woods. The part from Marciana Alta to Marina di Campo is enjoyable, with hard curves and asphalt in great conditions. You can see some of the most beautiful beaches in Elba Island.
- From Marina di Campo to Poggio – 10 kilometers long. It’s an itinerary along a little hill that crosses Perone mount. There are narrow curves and very steep rises, but pay attention to the road surface, often slippery. Crossing Perone mount, there’s a big square with different panoramic points.
- From Campo nell’Elba to the provincial road to Porto Azzuro – 25 kilometers long. It’s a hill road very pleasant to drive through. The asphalt is in good conditions and there are numerous panoramic points. Just pay attention to the slope, very steep in some stretches of road.
- From Portoferraio to Porto Azzurro–Capoliveri – 20 kilometers long. It’s an itinerary along a provincial road, with asphalt in good conditions. There are straight roads and slight slope curves.
- From Porto Azzurro to Rio Marina – 15 kilometers long. It’s a really enjoyable itinerary, with numerous parts that cross a thick wood. There’s a deviation that takes to Volterraio castle.
- From Rio nell’Elba to Portoferraio. 15 kilometers long. Also this provincial road passes near Volterrio castle. The asphalt is in good conditions but also very slippery. There are curvy stretches of road and steep slopes.
- From Rio Marina to Cavo and comeback. 20 kilometers long. The last of these itineraries in Elba Island by motorbike is a road near the sea with numerous and great panoramic points. The asphalt is in optimal conditions.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/72334647@N03Related articles