The foot race par excellence, overlooking a fabulous sea: Elba Island marathon 2017
- Published: 10-04-2017
- Category: Events
It is the foot race par excellence. Or, rather, it is a true legend. That tests capacities and endurance of those who decide to participate. In addition to this, there are some unforgettable views overlooking a beautiful sea. Now you have a complete overview of what is waiting on May 7th, 2017 in Marina di Campo, when the new edition of Elba Island marathon will take place.
Three kinds od foot race
- Marathon. The “canonical” 42.195 kilometers that will take place on this path: Procchio Marina Di Campo-Colle-Palombaia Cavoli-Seccheto-Fetovaia-Pomonte-Chiessi-Marina di Campo.
- Half marathon. 21.0975 km that will take place on this path: Procchio-Marina di Campo-Colle Palombaia-Cavoli-Seccheto-Procchio.
- 10 kilometres. The path is Procchio-Marina Di Campo.
For this year’s edition, the Elba Island Marathon will have three exceptional testimonials: Paolo Migone, comedian and cabaret artist; Fabrizio Bartoli, a former sportsman and chef; Alessandro Cecchi Paone, television presenter and journalist.
The Anello occidentale
Pay attention once again to the several stages of the marathon. Many of them are located along the so-called Anello occidentale dell’isola d’Elba (literally, “Western ring of Elba Island”). It is the coastal road from Procchio to Marina di Campo. Passing through places like Marciana Marina, Poggio and Chiessi, you will have the chance to admire some of the best views that the island can offer to all its visitors.
How to get there
The main town where ferries to Elba Island dock is Portoferraio. To get from Portoferraio to Marina di Campo:
- Take the county road 24 to Procchio;
- Take the county road 25 and follow the road signs to Marina di Campo.
The journey by car takes less than one hour.
For further information about the 2017 edition of Elba Island marathon (paths, how to join, any changes of dates), you can visit the official website of the event, Maratonadellisoladelba.it.
Image source: Pixabay.comRelated articles