A trip to Elba Island: 5 things to know for a perfect holiday
- Published: 27-07-2015
- Category: News & Info
What’s the obsession of every traveler? Being in a place never seen before and don’t know what to do nor where to go. The ideal premises for a failing holiday. But this won’t be your case. Because there are 5 useful things to know that will let you organize your holiday on Elba Island in the best way.
1. How to reach
You have different possibilities to reach Elba Island: car, ferry, buses. In all the cases, you’ll arrive in Piombino: from here start every day the ferries to Elba Island. The main port of the island is Portoferraio, on the northern coast. Other ports are Cavo and Rio Marina.
There are beaches, mountains, cities, coves, paths, panoramas. In other words, going around Elba Island is wonderful. If you want to move on the island you can:
- Embark a car, a motorcycle or in general a vehicle on the ferry
- Use the efficient autobus service that, especially during summer, connects every part of the Elba Island, beaches included
3. Where to stay
You haven’t decided where to stay on Elba Island yet? The most important towns of this destination are four:
- Rio Marina
- Campo nell’Elba
These are the biggest towns. And they are in strategic positions: starting from every of these points, you can easily visit every other part of the island.
The island is famous mostly for the beauty of its coasts. For your next holiday on Elba Island you’d probably like to know:
- What are the most beautiful beaches
- What are the beaches suitable for children: Marina di Campo, Lacona, delle Ghiaie, Biodola and Scaglieri
- What are the beaches for dogs: Mola, Fonza, Marciana Marina, Schiopparello
5. What to eat
The last of the 5 things to know to make your holiday really special. Between the typical dishes of Elba Island that you have to taste there are the sburrita, gurguglione, imbollita and cacciucco.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/teskingRelated articles