Elba Island culinary specialties: the recipe of frangette
- Published: 16 December 2015
- Category: Typicalness and Curiosities
Elba Island cuisine has amazing, and of course tasty, dishes. Amazing just like the frangette: small flakes of fried dough. A recipe very, very easy to prepare.
- about 500 grams of white flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 small glass of Muscat wine
How to prepare:
- Knead flour, eggs, sugar and Muscat wine.
- Knead the dough slowly and long: this is the real secret to prepare the frangette.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin. The dough sheet must be very thin.
- Cut small strips of dough.
- Knot the strips, not too tight, and make small ribbons of dough.
- Put plenty of oil in a pan.
- When the oil is very hot, immerse frangette and let them fry until the color became golden brown.
- Now there is another critical step in the preparation of the frangette: while they’re frying, you have to turn them without breaking them.
- When the color is golden brown, remove them from the oil and place them in a tray covered with paper towel.
Once they are cold, sprinkle sugar and serve: your frangette are ready to be eaten.
Previous recipe: schiacciunta
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/trufflepig