Elba Island: 4 cliffs to see along the coast of this place in Tuscany
- Published: 25-05-2015
- Category: Places to See
The sweet beaches of Elba, with their white sand, are one of the main attractions of the island. But its coast is much more varied and surprising. It reserves places overlooking the sea, views that you will not forget, either on land or underwater. These are the cliffs of the island.
Four panoramas not to be missed:
- Monte Turato. At the feet of this wild cliff there is a small pebble beach. The only way to get there is by boat from Marina di Campo.
- Spiaggia delle Tombe. Its name (literally “beach of the tombs”) comes from some Etruscan tombs near the beach. It can be reached only via a steep path from Seccheto to Pomonte.
- Capo di Poro and capo di Fonza. They are two large rocky promontories that plunge into the sea of Elba. You can get there via two steep paths from the gulfs of Marinella and Lacona. Both paths climb up to the top of the two hills.
- Capo Norsi and capo Pini. Two small rock promontories. Their cliffs are surrounded by Mediterranean scrub and plunge into the Gulf of Stella. They are reachable via panoramic road to Lacona.
Reasons to visit Elba Island cliffs:
- Free climbing enthusiasts will not regret the choice: some of these cliffs are exciting to climb with hands.
- Are scuba mask and snorkel the first things you put in your suitcase? These four places are real paradises for snorkeling.
- For you, vacation is synonym for excursions: you have just found four trails.
How to get there
A good starting point to see all of these cliffs could be Portoferraio, the main town where you can stay on the island of Elba.Related articles