Costa del Sole, Elba island: an itinerary among beaches and charming villages
- Published: 23-04-2018
- Category: Places to See
The western ring of Elba island is the coastal road from Procchio to Marina di Campo. And there is a part of this area that, thanks to its beauty and the charm that it exerts on every traveler, has earned a very evocative name: the Costa del Sole. To be discovered following this itinerary in six stages.
- Colle d’Orano. It is part of the territory of Marciana, of which it represents a fraction. Built on a hill from which you can see Corsica and the island of Capraia, this village is known for the beauty of Le Buche beach and for the different paths that, especially in spring and autumn, will delight all hiking fans and MTB.
- Chiessi. White granite embellished by the presence of verdant Mediterranean vegetation: these are the characteristic elements of Chiessi and of the part of the coast on which it overlooks. Also worth seeing is the small sandy beach in front of the village.
- Pomonte. This country is dominated by the mass of Mount Capanne, which in turn is crossed by several paths. Nearby there are two small beaches with many services. And the sea also reserves an authentic gem only for the more experienced divers: the dive to the wreck of the Elviscot.
- Fetovaia. In addition to the small village, this town is more than famous for another reason: here there is, in fact, one of the most beautiful beaches of Elba island, the beach of Fetovaia precisely, an authentic spectacle of nature.
- Seccheto. You will visit a nice and welcoming seaside resort: Seccheto offers a small sandy beach and the nearby “Piscine”, with the rocks that form basins by the sea where the water is always calm.
- Cavoli. Mild climate even in low season and a sandy beach that does not fear comparisons: it is no coincidence that Cavoli is a popular destination among those seeking sun, sea and relaxation on vacation. Moreover, in the vicinity there is also the suggestive Grotta Azzurra.
To get to Colle d’Orano, where our itinerary to visit the Costa del Sole begins, we advise you to start from Portoferraio, one of the main ports for ferries to Elba Island.
- Take the provincial road 24 up to Procchio.
- From Procchio, take the provincial road 25 and, after passing Marciana Marina, continue until Colle d’Orano.
The journey by car takes about fifty minutes.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/schoebandRelated articles