Capoliveri legend cup 2017: an event for real MTB enthusiasts
- Published: 27-03-2017
- Category: Events
You are real MTB enthusiasts. And you’ll never miss an opportunity for a short trip dedicated only to sport and cycling. In this case, we can suggest an event that really suits you: it is the 2017 edition of the Capoliveri Legend Cup, which will take place from May 12th to 14th.
The 2017 program
- May 12th, Friday: Chiassi cup xc eliminator – “Memorial Constantine cake.” It is a short race that will take place in the alleys and on the steps of the old town centre of Capoliveri.
- May 13th, Saturday: Bike and family. In the municipal gymnasium of Capoliveri, there will be the enrolment of the participant.
- May 14th, Sunday: VIII edition of the Capoliveri Legend Cup – the UCI Marathon Series. The start of the trail UCI Marathon is scheduled at 8:30am, while the departure of the Classic is scheduled at 9:10am.
Capoliveri is one of the most characteristic towns of the island. In other words, in these three days, we suggest you to visit it.
- Forte Focardo (a fortress), santuario della Madonna delle Grazie (a sanctuary) and abside di San Michele (an apsis) are some places to see in Capoliveri.
- In May, if you’re lucky, you can enjoy the wonderful sea of Elba Island. In particular, some of the most beautiful beaches in Capoliveri are lido di Capoliveri, Felciaio and Lacona.
How to get there
To get to Capoliveri from Portoferraio (one of the main port where ferries to Elba Island dock):
- Take the county road 24 towards south;
- Follow the road signs to Capoliveri and take the county road 26;
- Before you arrive in Porto Azzurro, take the county road 31;
- Follow the road signs to Capoliveri.
The journey by car takes about 20 minutes.
For further information about the 2017 edition of Capoliveri legend cup (inscription, trails, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Capoliverilegendcup.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/pascalkurschildgenRelated articles