Capoliveri Grape Festival: harvest, traditions and typical flavors
- Published: 27-09-2017
- Category: Events
Grape harvest, traditions and typical flavors: Autumn on the island of Elba is even this. And these will be the main ingredients of an event that will enrich your journey on this beautiful island: it’s the 2017 edition of the Capoliveri Grape Festival, which will run from the 6th to the 8th of October.
- Friday, October 6th. Starting at 9:00 pm with children’s games and competitions that will involve the four districts of the city (Baluardo, Fosso, Fortezza and Torre). Race and games that will end in the main square. Following, in the evening a round up of old movies of the past editions of the Grape Fest.
- Saturday, October 7th. After the blessing of the four districts banners during the Mass (6:30 pm), the most awaited moment of the Grape Festival will begin: at 7:30 pm you can taste the typical dishes and some of the best wines of the Elba Island in the gastronomic standpoint in Piazza Matteotti. Following, the Slow Food jury will taste a dish prepared by each of the districts and choose the winner.
- Sunday, October 8th. In the first part of the day, the Girlesque StreetBand will play and the four districts parade in Piazza Matteotti. At the end of these show, a guided tour of the four districts. At 6.00 pm, the winner of the parade, will welcome the statue of Bacco and the party will go on with music and dancing.
How to get to the Grape Fest
Getting to Capoliveri From Portoferraio (the main port for the ferries to the island of Elba) it’s easy:
- Take the provincial road 24 towards south;
- Follow the signs for Capoliveri, taking the provincial road 26;
- Just before reaching Porto Azzurro, take the provincial road 31;
- Continue till Capoliveri.
A car journey takes about 25 minutes.
For more information on the 2017 edition of Capoliveri’s Grape Fest (complete program, how to participate, any date changes), visit the municipality of Capoliveri website (Comune.capoliveri.li.it) and the tourist office fan site (Facebook.com/Pro-Loco-Capoliveri-832616346805016).
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/dsomRelated articles