A vacation to Elba Island: five ideas for boat rides
- Published: 8-04-2015
- Category: Things to Do
The sea of the island reserves many surprises: charming caves, uncrowded coves but for this reason even more special, a rich underwater life. The best way to discover these aspects of Elba island? The boat rides. And here you can find five ideas.
1. The Gulf of Portoferraio. A great classic, maybe the boat ride for excellence. Sailing on the sea you will see Portoferraio from a new perspective, admiring the Medici fortresses, the dock, the remains of Roman mansions, beaches and caves.
2. The near islands. They are Pianosa, Capraia and Montecristo. Three pristine places remained virtually untouched, with rugged coasts where there are numerous coves, ideal for a dip in a fabulous sea. Everyday, especially in summer time, there are several boat rides that depart from the main towns of the island.
3. Coves and caves. There are the most beautiful and famous beaches, that everyone knows. Then there are numerous, small uncrowded coves and charming caves. Every boat ride offers its particular itinerary. You must visit Elba island Grotta Azzurra.
4. Western Ring. It is especially known by fans of trekking: it is the coastal road from Procchio to Marina di Campo. A road that can be travelled also by boat, sailing along the west coast of the island.
5. Dolphins. It is called the Cetacean sanctuary. A protected marine area among Italy, Corsica and the Principality of Monaco. A privileged area to admire free dolphins that swim around the boat.
As for the near islands, generally the boat rides depart from the ports of the main towns of Elba Island, as Portoferraio and Capoliveri.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/magnetismusRelated articles