Tuscany, Elba bike tour 2016: MTB amid landscapes overlooking the sea
- Published: 14-03-2016
- Category: Events
Professionals, amateurs or enthusiasts? Whatever your category is, it doesn’t matter. Because the 2016 edition of Elba bike tour, in Tuscany, will take place from April 24 to 29 and it is the event par excellence for all MTB enthusiasts.
The six stages of Elba bike tour 2016:
- Granfondo elbaleatico (April 24, Sunday). The event begins with a 61 km route. The point of departure and the point of arrival is the old town centre of Portoferraio. Amid the most beautiful stages, there are Norsi and Procchio.
- Monte Parone (April 25, Monday). The point of departure and the point of arrival is Marina di Campo, and the most exciting part is the uphill road to Perone Mount: a 79 kilometres long stage.
- Versante orientale (April 26, Tuesday). The starting point is in Marina di Campo. Passing through Portoferraio and Schiopparello, an uphill road leads to Volterraio castle. The other stages are Rio nell’Elba, Porto Azzurro, Lido di Capoliveri and Marina di Campo.
- Colle reciso (April 27, Wednesday). It is one of the most difficult and challenging part of Elba bike tour 2016: a 2.900 meters long uphill road.
- From Portoferraio to Enfola (April 28, Thursday). Enfola is one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. After four days of competition, the individual time trial from Portoferraio to Enfola will be very, very hard. Before the time trial, there are three uphill roads: Monumento, Capoliveri and Volterraio.
- Anello occidentale (April 28, Friday). It’s the coastal road from Procchio to Marina di Campo.
Not only bike
If you are just spectator of this event, the six stages of Elba bike tour 2016 could be an excellent opportunity to visit some of the most beautiful places that the island offers its visitors, such as the old town centre of Portoferraio, the castle of Volterraio, the Anello occidentale and small villages such as Procchio, Porto Azzurro, Marina di Campo.
How to get there
Portoferraio, the main town on the island, is an excellent starting point to attend the six stages: from here, you can easily reach all municipalities involved in the event.
For further information about Elba bike tour 2016, in Tuscany, you can visit the official website of the event, Elbabiketour.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/anikkiRelated articles