Aqua film festival 2017: water is source of life and culture
- Published: 10 May 2017
- Category: Events
Elba is an island. In its history and in the life of its inhabitants, the sea is very important. In particular, the water, a source of life, is very important. And this will be the main theme of the 2017 edition of Aqua Film Festival, which will take place in Portoferraio from June 23rd to 25th.
Film by the sea
From an idea of Eleonora Vallone (actress, journalist and water expert), the central theme of the festival will be water. The festival will be divided into two sections:
- The first is for short films that have a running time of 25 minutes or less;
- The second is for short films that have a running time of 3 minutes or less.
For the realization of short films, the participants can be inspired by four micro-themes: “acqua dolce” (“fresh water”), “acqua mare” (“sea water”), “acqua terme” (“thermal water”) and “acqua ambiente” (“environment water”).
As already said, the event will last three days. What better occasion to discover the main town on Elba Island?
- The things to see in Portoferraio are really several: you will trace the footsteps of the First French Emperor and walk in ancient fortifications that overlook a beautiful sea.
- The event will take place in summer and this is the season during which you can enjoy sun and relaxation: some of the most beautiful beaches in Portoferraio are Sansone, Padulella and delle Ghiaie.
- After the city and the beaches, there are the surroundings to see: Capoliveri, Porto Azzurro and Isola Paolina are some of the most beautiful places on Elba Island.
For further information about the 2017 edition of Aqua Film Festival (complete program, film list, tickets any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Aquafilmfestival.org.
Image source: Di Ferpint – Opera propria, Pubblico dominio, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=25069173