The 2018 Marathon on the Elba Island: all the pleasure of running
- Published: 22-02-2018
- Category: Events
The Elba Island is an authentic paradise for who practice sports. One of the most loved sports, and we would not even need to say it, is the ride. And the most important event of the year to practice it’s the ever-awaited Marathon on the Elba Island of Elba, 2018 edition, which will take place on May 6 in Marina di Campo.
The competition will be divided into three specialties:
- Marathon: 42.195 km;
- Half marathon: 21.097 km;
- 10 km.
So, you can choose the race you prefer. To participate, in addition to completing the registration form online, you must also have a medical certificate for athletics competitive races.
At the marathon, there are two other non-competitive races: it’s Nordic Walking and the Family run. so, the Marathon of the Elba Island really becomes a moment open to all sports fans.
How to get
First of all, you must book the ferry trip to the Elba Island and disembark at Portoferraio, the main town on the island. From here, to get to Marina di Campo you have to:
- Take the provincial road 24 up to Procchio;
- From Procchio, take the provincial road 25 and follow the signs for Marina di Campo.
The journey by car takes just under half an hour.
Not just a marathon
Whether you want to participate, or you are only willing to watch the race, why not turn the 2018 edition of the Marathon (also) on a great occasion to enjoy a small holiday on the island of Elba?
- In Marina di Campo begins the so-called Western Ring of Elba Island, or the coastal road that reaches up to Procchio: a succession of small beaches and small towns overlooking the sea.
- Since you will disembark at Portoferraio, know that in this city there are certainly things to see, like the Medici fortresses, Napoleon’s house and, of course, the beaches (if the weather and temperatures allow, you could also do the very first dive into the sea of the season).
For more information on the 2018 edition of the Elba Island Marathon (complete itinerary, how to participate, any changes of dates), you can consult the official website of the event, Maratonadellisoladelba.it.
Here is a little “taste” of what to expect on the occasion of the Elba Island Marathon:
<iframe width = “560” height = “315” src = “https://www.youtube.com/embed/HjJbaNrZfuw?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0” frameborder = “0” allow = “autoplay ; encrypted-media “allowfullscreen> </ iframe>
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/109648143@N07Related articles