Running through breathtaking views: the 2017 Running Tour of Elba Island
- Published: 24 April 2017
- Category: Events
In these years it became an unmissable date and awaited for all passionates of running. A race that winds on very different paths but all associated from breathtaking views. It’s 2017 edition of the Running Tour on Elba Island, that will take place from 14 to 20 May 2017.
- Monday May 15: Portoferraio (4,5 kilometers);
- Tuesday May 16: Lacona (11 kilometers);
- Wednesday May 17: Rio nell’Elba (13 kilometers);
- Friday Muy 19: Marina di Campo (12 kilometers);
- Saturday 20 maggio: Capoliveri (14 kilometers).
At 16:00 and 21:00 on Saturday 20 May, will be held the awards ceremony. In the evening, music and performances in the square.
The other programme
Raise up and look at the stages of 2017 edition. If you don’t want to join the race, but you are visiting the Elba Island only in the role of spectators-tourists, then it will be useful this sort of “alternative program.”
- Things to see in Portoferraio are so many and, in six stages, you can discover the most representative places.
- Lacona is a very nice beach and near Laconella, considered one of the most beautiful beaches of the Elba Island.
- Near Rio of Elba are located Nisporto and Nisportino, two beautiful beaches.
- Marina of Campo is a village of Campo in Elba, other town deserves a visit.
- Finally, also in Capoliveri there are many things to see.
How to get
To participate or simply to follow all the stages of the Elba Running Tour, we recommend you to stay in Portoferraio, the main town on the island and one of the most important places where the ferries dock. From here, by car you can easily reach the various places which will host the race.
Further information on the 2017 edition of the Running Tour of Elba Island (full programme, routes, how to participate, any changes in dates and stages), please visit the official event website, Giropodisticoisolaelba.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/ryanknapp